Click Click Click

Saturday, June 6

Art

What is art?
This evening, i took part in Art Therapy organized by Soka Gakkai Malaysia at Wisma Kebudayaan SGM. Our teacher of the day was K'vin Lee. He's a very knowledgeable and flexible person who gained his experiences from the States, and now, in Malaysia. A very friendly and soft spoken person, studied women and men. Haha! Did many interesting researches on tiny-miny human thingy around his world whom he perceives himself as an alien, studying human species. >_<" To him, psychology is a big no no. @_@"
this poster welcomed us at the entrance. Colourful! my cup of tea! =)

before Art Therapy, we went to view some art pieces. Vividly drawn by all the artists.

can't really shoot it closer as you'll be able to see the colour tones and the technique of the whole oil painting with scratches, textures and colours.

a very eye-catchy piece of drawing. Can you see its' texture of colour and the shadow. Seemed so real. ;)
Art therapy has been a very useful method in counseling field. Learnt it in Psychology Course too, which i think, will be very helpful for those less spoken people to express their feelings and thoughts, as well as to draw it with heart, not with their mental state of knowledge.

stepped out from the escalator, i saw this. :) love it. indeed artistic.

group pictures! :) art therapy session with a small group to increase its effectiveness. the one in all white, without any portrait, is Mr. K'vin Lee.

Anticipated for this session with expectation. Well, i would say i gained something from today's session. Indeed an eye-opener for me, to know more about myself and how i presented myself through drawing. His analysis was particially true about me and brought a big slap on myself. Haha! Drawing interpretation can be really subjective. He mentioned he could be wrong in me. :)

His interpretation of my drawing below: I am unsuitable to be in Psych field, @_@" which really IS a big slap on my face for myself. He told me, i have no listening ability. =( He mentioned that i am playful but no one wanna play with me -.-" Moreover, he said i am bubbly. Oh, yes. This i agreed. :) Then, he said i have my own ways of doing things and i need to get them done fast, which is like "pappp pappp pappp" (sound effect) to finish one task. I will be a workaholic as predicted by many. @_@" He felt i should enrol myself in communication field or event field in the future. -.-"""! Well, that's kinda... it's like an awakening!

4 of our drawings. Psych majors' drawings can be very complex and different from others, quoted from our teacher. @_@" so much of hidden meanings behind the curtain.

3 comments:

Christopher Hor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christopher Hor said...

Tat one was a mistake == swt.

What i wanted to say was. It was interesting indeed...

So did his words change your determination? Haha.

nana- said...

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!
can't give up just like that. =D

hehehehehe! =D