Click Click Click

Sunday, July 17

Luke 6: 32-36 Love your Enemies

"If you love only the people who love you, why should you receive a blessing? Even sinners love those who love them! And if you do good only to those who do good to you, why should you receive a blessing? Even sinners do that! And if you lend only to those from whom you hope to get it back, why should you receive a blessing? Even sinners lend to sinners, to get back the same amount! No! Love your enemies and do good to them; lend and expect nothing back. You will then have a great reward, and you will be children of the Most High God. For he is good to the ungrateful and the wicked. Be merciful just as your Father is merciful."



Was reading this during one of the reading nights. Came across with the verses that caught my eyes so much. I was thinking to myself at that juncture. Why am i being so selective in life? As in, i will only love those who sincerely love me, be it friends or family members and i will give more to those who love me. After reading this, I think i'm very much a sinner. =X Thus, I will set this reminder, to be gracious to people, to be a merciful person. It'll be a struggle, I pray to God that He will walk this journey with me. To let me walk into people's life without a selective heart.


Yes, i was right in the beginning that counting a blessing is very important. I always count things that i've received, all the good things. BUT! What did i do? What have i done so far... that matters so much to my surrounding, or to just myself? Guess sometime, we just don't stop and think. We use so much of our brain that at times, will hurt our surrounding. Our actions and words (from brain) sometimes can be unintentional, but it's always a hard truth that it'll hurt people.


I love the tagline of Ignite Community Church (ICC)- a hospital for sinner, not a museum for saints. We are imperfect, we go to church as a sinner, to repent our sins to God for us to be a better person. Continue to go to church people, you'll realise one day that your relationship with God is so wonderful, for you be able to spread this love to others as well, including your enemy :)

1 comment:

Jovial Teo said...

let's grow in Christ together =D