Click Click Click

Thursday, October 23

Drawing near...

It's going to be Deepavali in less than five days. Dad suggested to go to the Indian Street tonight to experience the Deepavali atmosphere. Not bad! =D Grab my camera and off we went! Hmmm... to my surprise, it wasn't as lively as few years back. Parents said it's due to the economy downturn maybe.
a mild traffic jam along the street.
The tents had blocked much space of the big road. =)
smart me. I was walking! Haha! =D

My family used to hop on this festive markets for window shopping during Deepavali-s. You know, really window. =x This time round, i brought my camera and took a few shots at this lovely night. It was awesome to see their traditional clothings, kuih muih, tonnes of keropok, muruku, fragrant spices from few shops away and the indian smell. -no discrimination here- Their music made me go @@". Dad told me don't simply snap here and there or else i'll be sued. @_@" *crazy*

Sales! Sales! Sales!

I FOUND THIS! Omg! My favourite! Back in secondary sch, Thilaga used to bring this for us to munch during recess. I miss Thil and Vickee. =) I miss my indian friends. =(

Potpourri of biscuits. =) Wonder the melamine brings any impact on the sales. sigh.

Muruku! =D My family favourite!

At this particular shop, i thought the spices presentation was really neat and cool. Thus, i had a few shots of them. Then, a girl passed by and smiled at me. I thought she's going to forbid me to take photos. However, she was equally curious what i've taken and she wanted to see. Haha! ^^ So the cute. I told her i like the spices and she introduced and tried to market the spices to me, telling me it was all from India. -__________-" Wrong target. I know nothing about this.
bucketful of spices imported from India. =D

Parents bought some curry powder back home. We're going to celeb deepavali! =_=" My family love curry, rendang, or anything spicy. =p

Dad and mum were the thorns among the roses. @_@"

After the Indian Street short trip, we had supper. Gotta taste my all time favourite! Icey bubur cacar and chendol. =) 3 of us shared fried kuey teow+mee+ carrot cake. @_@" Another bloated meal today. *burp* Too bad, my sis wasn't around. muahahaha! ^^

Dad told me, "Wait till u finished shooting, your bubur cacar is going to melt. =_=" and your fried kuey teow will turn cold." *grin* I like to shoot ar. =p

HAPPY DEEPAVALI! =D

Bless it be! =)

4 comments:

aNgElINe^mE said...

haha~~my family used to go there too..i even geet my 1st henna there..haha..by the road side,,sweat de lor..haha..

sHanNa said...

u mean inai? =D
i didn't see the stall this year... wonder why... =X

But it was fun neh, right? ^^

shinobikit said...

OMG!!!! *drooling* the ice kacang looks great!!

tapao one for me XD

aNgElINe^mE said...

economy down turn..hahaha...inai harga shoot up?kakaka...ya..quite fun oso..:)