Click Click Click

Thursday, February 19

counseling sessions

Thanks to Counseling Psychology, i have the opportunity to have counseling sessions with a counselor lately. Well, today was my second session with the counselor. I had a great session today. She had widen my horizon of viewing myself and others. I know, at times, things are easier being said than done, thus, i will try to fulfill it by actions.

She said, it's time for me to reach out for others. I guess, she's right. I have not been very active in term of getting know and understanding people. People won't come to you if there's no trust. True. :) At times, i do hope to help the others, however, skills are lacking in me and I've been living in a positive environment whereby I can't really understand how they are feeling at that moment. At times, being empathetic is very laborios. It can be mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted. Nonetheless, it never shaded out the thought of helping others.

Yeaa...
I had drawing therapy session with her today. I was asked to draw a house, a tree and a person. I felt quite nervous at that time. It's new to me to draw these few objects (not in counseling). Haha! In the end, the interpretations of counselor gave me a new perception of myself which surprised me a little somehow. You see... it really depends on how open a client is towards counseling session.

Don't be afraid of being counseled. It helps in self improvement and development too. =) We should reach out for others in any ways we can.

No comments: