Click Click Click

Saturday, October 10

OH!

In counseling field, there are many tools to serve as different approaches in guiding clients to voice out their hearts. I was grateful to have an OH Card trainer, Ms. Nicole, to be with us on Thursday to share what were these cards all about.It may sound amusing to you when I mentioned this is the "OH Card". It consists of two decks of card with 88 pieces in each. (not so like the tarot card which predict your future) but more like a set of card which bring you to another level of thinking, communication and creativity. These two decks of cards have 7744 possible combination of linking with the picture and the word. When people play it, they'll have the OH! feeling. That's why it's name after it. haha!
this is the card i randomly picked during the workshop the other day. All the cards were covered and we couldn't see but we just blindly pick 'em up.
Seriously, feeling is just hard to explain because when you experience it, you'll know it. Thus, it is the specialty for us to study Psychology because it's all about human's action, behavior, and thoughts. =) In my opinion, OH Card is powerful. It is a combination of a picture and a word in frame. Clients get to choose one pictorial card and one word card. At first, client describes the picture. Then, describe the word. Eventually, client combines them both into one and connect it as one.
this is the set i like the most.
HOME and a starry night picture.
My interpretation was, " I am a very homey person, I love my family lots. I like starry night, that's when i know i am home because I always get to view lots of stars back at home with my family members".
I was a client before during the counseling sessions last time and i got to play these cards for a few times. It really did make a cue for the client (me) to reveal certain things that I never thought of, or shall I say certain clients have the tendency to surpress the feeling of the past? Yea. Guess it's the norm of it. Well, what i want to say here is, as a counselor, you can reflect certain perspectives in life with your clients. OH Card will be a wonderful tool for you to do so.

We always encounter problems. We're not problem-free organism. When a set of cards presents in front of us, we were told to see it as a problem, and another one as a solution. I think we're relating them in our very own way, and that's when we link it back to our personal life. =) AND, when we were told to exchange the role of the card, we somehow can reflect that we are the one who's dominating our life, we change for ourselves, for betterment.

I love OH Card.
If only I have sufficient money, or else I will purchase it for my future usage. =)

No comments: