Click Click Click

Saturday, March 13

Burnout and Compassion Fatique

Gone through a test named Compassion Satisfaction and Fatique Subscales of Professional Quality of Life Scale.
Burnout is always being perceived as a feeling of hopelessness and difficulties in dealing with work or the things that you do. More so, you're losing the passion in doing certain things that you used to love. Anyone of you had encountered burnout before? On the scale of the norm, we usually will sense our "alarm" rings. So, what does this alarm tell? Well, it can be a form of losing the sense of belonging, the loss of passion, mood swing and many many more which negatively bog you down. For me, i think when the alarm rings, it's time for us to be alert and conscious on what we're currently facing. Issit because of the stressor? Burnout doesn't happen in a blink of an eye. It happens due to the accumulative stressors in human. It's like a pile of shit, stuck in your bowel (what a good description huh?). Haha! Anyway! Don't let the stressors pull you down. Please get away from what u're currently doing. Recharge yourself and come back again. Or! Do something that makes you happy. Singing? Exercise? Eating? Sometimes, human just simply need a break. Don't you think Kit Kat is doing a good job? "Have a break, have a Kit Kat!" Haha! =D
Compassion Fatique
As for compassion fatique, known as secondary trauma, which explains your work-related, secondary exposure to extremely stressful events. For instance, a friend comes to you with his/her problem and you take that problem personally and transform it into yours, somehow. In counselling term, we may name it as transference (somehow related). My score was relatively higher than others in this scale. It's on an average scale but just slightly higher. It's quite true though as I will feel sad for what others had gone through, but not to the extent of having depressive syndrome or whatsoever but it bothers me and may mislead me from where i belong. I believe it's due to the lack of experience, i am still very much adjusting myself into this helping relation. Again, i guess i am just too conscious over what i am doing and what i've learned during my degree years. Knowing human too well isn't really a good thing somehow. hehe!ooo by the way, my burnout scale was also slightly above average. haha! most of us are above the average. =X I've scanned through the workloads that we had since the very beginning. Let's see- One camp, two workshops, three high schools events, endless trainings, bulletin establisment. All in ONE semester! I really think we all need to pat each other's shoulders. No wonder we always feel we are still lacking of manpower eventhough we have more manpower than the past. Whatever it is, just strive for the best and enjoy the work. I love teamwork. I really do. But i believe all of us need to get away from work and take a short break before our burnout pointers got shoot up again. Haha! GAMBATEH!
you saw the best that was in me
lifted me up when i couldn't reach
you give me faith coz you believe
i am everything i am
because you loved me.
(Because You Loved Me, Celine Dion)
-a powerful song to kickstart a day and to recharge myself, i am not alone-

No comments: