Click Click Click

Sunday, May 23

I've Changed Freshman Camp

It's the moment that i've been long awaiting.
The "I've Changed" Freshman Camp has come to an end.
Months of preparation and it took just a sprint to complete the camp.
I've always been so into camps, be it as the camper or the organizer.
How about making friends with pipes and marbles? :)
transfering hula hoop!
Though i know campers will gonna be tortured, or the facilitators are going to work so hard so that the whole camp will be a great and memorable one, but it's always the memories that carry the weightage in our lives.
Rock 'n Roll! on top of each other! =X
"Pipeline", a game which requires a lot of patience and teamwork!
The handicapped game
senior was bringing juniors together
I was touched while seeing this photo.
we discovered a newcomer!
the future song writer!
Throughout this year, 2 camps had been organized under the team. It was crazy. It sucked up too much of energy. Nonetheless, behind the curtain, you know that there's gonna be value-added elements. The friendship, the teamwork, the attitudes, the personalities that involved as a team. I have a very crazy idea in my mind, which is to get 3 name tags from 3 different camps each year, which also means, each semester, i will have to plan for one camp. (in which, i think my team will kill me). =D
Opening Ceremony- campfire!
I've Changed Freshman Camp.
The first ever Freshman Camp happening in UCSIU. Yea... it's happy and sad at the same time. Happy because it's the first time! Sad because nobody actually thought of bringing new students out for a camp all these while. As i was brainstorming the theme, I thought to myself, "I am going to make a lil change in student's life in UCSI. They cannot just focus on the academic and study like a slave. They HAVE to play HARD in their uni life. We're all here to make a difference and it begins in self contribution towards the community you're serving.
campers conquered Broga Hill (5.30am-9.30am) including
the community clean up project on top of the hill
overwhelmed by the Mother nature.
kids are into the green environment
gotong royong was held up the hill.
the NEW FRIEND FOUND singing and dancing session
building raft under the sun was really remarkable!
all of us got sunburn!
cover the holes
"Punctured Drum" session
You know, the most fulfilling moment in me is bringing the students out as a bunch of strangers, but coming back as a bunch of buddies. Though it's gonna be short, but, it always take the effort for the students to carry on the friendship made throughout the camp. Camp is always a great avenue. It always have the hidden power. :)
you guys rocked the house!
Yay!
All in all, i am sincerely and genuinely blessed by my team, to my sisters' endless support, help and ideas. Also, not forgetting the powerful student committee who have been giving me all sort of assistance. Thank you for making the camp a successful one! Let's anticipate for the next Freshman Camp!!

No comments: