Click Click Click

Thursday, September 9

Miri: Ready! Set! Go! Camp

It was a 120 students camp, focusing on study, catch their dreams and team building, entitled Ready! Set! Go! Camp in Miri. Our main organizer was GES (Global Education Services) while UCSI U was the sponsor of the camp. It's my first time to have camp inside a hotel, I feel the youth nowadays are so blessed in a very materialistic way.
With a theme as such, guess you guys can figure out the main objective. It was to get these youth ready for exam and for future. Having to work for about a year, I guess running camp is my greatest passion. I get to see different faces, different youth to talk to, get to inspire (maybe?) them in one way or another, assist them to discover themselves in various ways, to treasure life, to treat people around us in a better way.
Was the camp commander for this time round
almost running out of voice for the first day. o_O no kidding.
but I was thrilled to see sucha big group of students and all of them were there for the camp!

had our first ice breaking "Let's Hula!"

Flying Carpet and be the Aladdin!

Bonus round, those kids were seriously into the scoring system that we had for them. See how excited they were! :))

outdoor activity: Let's Jump!

outdoor activity: Millipedes (I was touched when i saw this picture because I know when people fall, there's always the team spirit to buck them up.)

outdoor activity: Rock 'n Roll

outdoor activity: Monsoon is here.

Pool version of Human Knot was fun :)

a night to be remembered: I pranked on these 10 september babies. All of them got a shock of their life when they heard me said they had offended a few rules set. They were touched when the team celebrated their birthdays :)

morning exercise! yawn. I skipped this because I really couldn't tahan after few restless days of preparation.

My session: Fun & Frizzles of Study. I realised I kinda like this topic because I feel it's close to me. :)

doing the testings :)

Group Photo- mini me mini us!Finally, we departed from the resort around 3pm. Off for lunch then to the airport. Those 5 from the left was the GES peeps. They were a great bunch of people who are so thoughtful and helpful. They really treated us like one of them. :)

All in all, I feel this mission was a good kickstart for the youth of Miri. It was the sense of fulfilment to see people treasured all your preparation, your hardwork and sweat. Great campers like them are really the rare breeds. They were not only participative, they were so respectful, obedient and contented in anything they have in the camp. Seriously, they're much more better than me, than everybody back in the West. I don't need much, a word of "thank you" from the campers seriously meant so much for me. All the best to you guys! :)

No comments: