Click Click Click

Monday, January 3

the reflection of 2010; the new chapter of 2011

I still remembered, the previous new year eve, i had a great new year dinner with my sis and i sat in front of the lappy for the whole day, to reflect my 2009 and to make new year resolution for my 2010.

This year round, i would still go for a reflection of the year (though it's 4th day of a brand new year, who cares), not in terms of my life event, but i would like to dedicate this reflection page with people/things that i'm really thankful for.
Guess 2010 had been a real good year for me. I found my ever happy and enjoyable job as my first stepping stone. The biggest joy and the first thing in my thankful list: my colleagues and the job. The greatest thing of working under pressure (at times) is that you have a bunch of supportive team mate. Thank you May, Ker Shin and Amy for always being there for me during my important period of working days. I am no one without you guys, seriously. The encouragement, the giggles, the trip, the laughters, the seriousness, the professionalism, the patience and the love i've received were the most appreciative gifts for me.
Apart from my very own unit, i won't be forgetting my department, my supervisors and boss for having trust in me throughout the year. Honestly, im blessed to be in Student Affairs with the colleagues and with that, i enjoyed my working experiences to the maximum, i looked forward to my work and i looked forward to learn even more :)The next grateful thing is knowing Amy as a friend, not just confined in the office but out of office. Sometimes, God really put me in such a way that, you'll definately get to bump into different people under certain circumstances. To my dismay, i couldn't believe that she played such an important friend in my life. I used to dislike her as a student and now I love her as who she is, as a friend, as a sister and as a companion :) I'm thankful for knowing her, she made me learn how to communicate better and to express my thoughts (which i hardly do). She offered her helping hands by all means. She can be sarcastic, can be impatient, can be harsh and impulsive, but deep down inside, she has sucha kind heart for a friend. That's something made her special in her own-amy-way :) Thank God for putting her in my life, it's one of the greatest thing in 2010.Next, i'm thankful for my working experiences in UCSIU. I enjoyed myself with students, with all the programmes that we conducted. With the sweat and tears (not really tear) and most importantly the teamwork received was priceless. I got to attain the sense of fulfilment. The opportunities given for me to enhance my experiences as a Student Development staff. I knew I've grown and walked an extra miles. Apart from work, I received an offer for Masters study which i've aimed for. What's there to complain about life? I'm really having a smooth journey.
Freshman Camp was the baby of the year.
Giving student the positive experiences is always the best thing to do :)

guiding and empowerment are always the elements of student development.

A trip to Miri made me learn to take up leadership, to be assertive and prompt when times needed.
Last but not the least, I'm thankful for my ever supportive friends, be it in KL or Kluang. Friends circle started to shrink and reduced. That's when you know who are the one that you're really close with and who are the one you could turn to. Particularly thankful for a few friends like steph, huiru and ray for always being there for me when i wanted to rant about the horrendous life. 2010 was also with a lot of changes, missing my ex-housemates lots, especially the presence of my roommate. Well, life's just gotta move on. I'm leading a great year and I am blessed :) Graduated and i guess that moment of time, family is the best support and witness of all for me. Love my family lots.
***********************************************************
Yes. A new year is here. The new chapter, a new drawing block for me to paint the colours, a new journey to begin. It's gonna be a great year, I know it will :) With lots of challenges, with loves and with strength, I believe I can pull it through and enjoy my year with lots of hope and grace. Attitude is very important.
People always say, nah... forget about the new year resolution, but i'm always here to create some resolutions for myself because it's really great to be able to fulfil some of my resolutions of the year. Be hopeful and looking forward in seeing the rainbow across the sky :)
This year round, I would hope for a few things:
1. To master my counselling skills, to practise it, and to offer help.
2. To strive a balance for my study and work without neglecting either one.
3. To improve my public speaking skill and to give talks/workshops.
4. To further improve my personal relationship with friends around me.
5. To manage myself with people and to brush up my people-comm skills
6. To begin the journey of faith and to understand His words.
7. To continue to spread the seed of love to people around me.
8. To humbly learn from one another with an open heart.
9. To love and be loved- giving and receiving
10. To pray for good health and safety for family, friends and myself.
Let me strive hard, work hard, study smart, play hard and pray hard for a greater 2011! :)
Happy New Year, Peeps! =D

No comments: