Click Click Click

Saturday, June 11

Counselling


Theories are always the solely thing we learn back in our education system, especially during primary-secondary schools. As we reached University level, apart from theories, praticality of each theory is emphasized. As of now, studying Masters is another level. Apart from learning theories in a deeper manner, we practise skills too.



Tried counselling for once and i felt i am still in the amateur stage. Im glad that there're people around me to give me lots of guidance. It's always a blink of enlightment when there's some advices given from left to right, top to bottom. Really appreciate it :)

Counselling is a very special field. It requires more than just giving a change of life but it has gotta do with our own attitude in counselling. As a counsellor, the first important feature is to be patient. It takes more than a second to let a person to realise a thing in life. If client is stubborn, will you give up just like that? @_@ But here's another thing about counselling, things don't come on your way all the time because counselling is not about ME, but it's all about the choice of the clients. What's more, counselling requires a lot of love about people. If we don't have thought for people, i guess we might want to think about venturing to other field.



This is something that hit me hard the other day "Shan Na, counselling is not about yourself, it's all about the client." I'm glad that i finally tried something new for this year. Part of the resolution achieved? :)While doing counselling, i believe for me, doing development programme is my energizer. I am a kinaesthetic person. I love to move around. I like to interact with students, and most importantly, i like to develop students. I'll feel extremely happy to see students grow from level to level :) In education field, it's not just about academic but it's about students' well-being. I would want them to develop with moral value, with great character, with positive attitudes! That's how powerful is for us to start a "change" in generation.

No comments: