Click Click Click

Friday, August 12

attitude in us




People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.

John C. Maxwell


Been reading about the "The Winning Attitude" by John C. Maxwell. I find his piece of work is really wonderful. It's ever simple and precise with many applications to serve as a reference in life.


In my sphere of life, i find attitude is the biggest chunk of life that will eventually build you or kill you. Imagine you have the most brilliant brain on earth but you never own a willing-heart to learn more, you're nothing from where you stand- be it past, presense or future. Positive attitude will bring you to a higher end.


One of the chapters in this book shared about adult acceptance/affirmation. "God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8)". Acceptance and affirmation are something that we, Malaysian are lacking of in life, especially working life. A friend told me the company never give praise if the event was greatly conducted, all they did were to give "feedback".


Maxwell shared this: Long before we understand teaching we reach out for understand; Long after we have forgotten the teachings we remember the feeling of acceptance or rejection. Most children's psychological problems risen from their lack of acceptance and affirmation from parents/peers. At times, we paid so much attention to what we will EARN, instead of what we will LEARN. With the "L" on, it makes so much of difference.


I wish i have a good attitude. I am praying for that. Father Lord, I want to change some of my negative attitude. I wanna sit down quietly and pray about it. I want to find more joy in what I do. I want to work under a positive attitude by increasing my understanding and acceptance towards my peers. I want to be a listening ear and giving constructive comments. Amen.


No comments: