Click Click Click

Tuesday, January 24

Meaningful Birthday

A special birthday for me. More so for me, i believe it's a moment that i felt it so much at home someday in few months ago that i believe it's a calling for me to fulfill one of my life missions. "Life helps lives. Life touches lives. Life loves the lives of others."


To initiate and organize it wasn't tough but it was the coordination part that challenged me lot. As i looked back and reflected the process with the moment when my hands were held by those old folks, i am telling myself and God that it was worthy all along. It was and will be worthy. This moment you might see them but who knows the next round we revisit, people will be different already.


Sometimes, it isn't always about money, it isn't always about what's the return, it isn't always about we being busy, but it is just to fork out a few hours of our time, or even just a few minutes for these abandoned ones. Physical appearance meant so much. It's enough to see the wrinkled faces lit up by happiness and joy. It's enough for them to find some young faces to chat and it's more than enough for them to feel themselves as a parent to some of us (just for that few secs), for them to give us some strokes of hair, for them to give advice like a mum or dad. It is also reasonable for us to put words into action for the community.


I was happy because my minimum expectation was made. A friend was rightly mentioned that not a lot of people are of the same direction. Therefore, I didn't even dare to make a great expectation. All i know is we still can start somewhere, especially we, the Canossian Convent girls should do a lil bit more further than the rest because apart from the old folks, it is also about the caregivers (the sisters) that we could visit. Start small. Give a lil bit more. That's all they need and that's also what we can do :)


Psalm 18: 28-29 - "You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall."


It was a special birthday that i created for myself, first time ever.

Happy Birthday :)


p/s: The photo above was a surprise souvenir from one of the sisters. Appreciate it.

No comments: