Click Click Click

Sunday, January 25

His Memoir 23.01.09

How ironic it is to post this blog right after my birthday.
My maternal grandpa left us on this very day.
Went home earlier on the 22nd.
Was back in prepared but still kept my fingers crossed.
Everything seemed a flash of light.
Without prior notice.

Was with him throughout the day and night in the ward.
Taking care of a sick elderly wasn't easy.
Cousin bro and i had to stay alert throughout the night.

A day later.
Woke up by mum after a fatigue night of hospital stay.
Telling me that grandpa was in a critical period now.
Couldn't care less, sped to hospital with a trembling heart.
He was so okay when we went home in the morning for a quick rest.
Body cells grew and spred faster than we imagined.

Hearing his voice of sigh.
In his bed, he struggled for breath.
These were all the heart-wrenching moment for us to remember.
Told myself, not to cry.
Looking at him suffering all alone,
my tears just couldn't resist falling down the chins.

Two and a half day of funeral services due to CNY.
Swelling the eyes with tears for these few days.
Mourning. Praying. Consoling.
Period.
Now, he's in another peaceful world.
Miss him. And this is all we could do.

May you rest in peace, gong.
We will always remember you in heart, in mind, in soul.
I'll always remember,
how you told me not to do aggressive exercise,
how you taught us to be a good person,
how you asked us to strive harder for our own good.

Also,
the times you brought me for a tea,
the days you bought me ice cream after work,
the days you celebrated my birthdays during childhood,
the pictures with you when i was small,
the meals we had together as a big family,
and all the festive seasons we shared.

I love you.
God bless you.
Please give a moment of silence, to pray for this good man.
Who'd worked so hard for his children and his family
Who'd helped so many friends all these while.
Rest in peace, grandpa.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to said, what I can said is please take care. If anything need my help just call me. My 24 hours open.

因心 said...

dear.. *hugz*
God bless ur grandpa...

our family lives in our hearts forever~

sHanNa said...

thanks girls~ :)
i am ok now. Remembering him is my duty as a grand daughter.

rachaeL- said...

it's been a week since i've read any blogs of urs. as i browsed thru the blogs of urs, until this one, i sense a deep sense of touch and warmth. he will rest in peace and have no regrets for having you all as his children and grandchildren.

sHanNa said...

thanks, ruixue. :)
life's gotta move on. Hope my family members and friends can be healthy always! :)

thus, you must take very good care of yourself oh~ ^^

Yi's Heart Happy Hut said...

Hey~ gal..
hope you are alright by now..
i always believe people who left me are still around.. just bcoz miracles happen! hehe..
im sure he left you guys because he has to. if he has the chance to choose, he would choose not to.. so let him go peacefully, just keep him in your heart..
May he be well and happy no matter where he is..
as for you, be strong.. that is part and parcel of life.. one day we will be old too.. the most important thing is we must live our life to the fullest everyday ever moment!

=)