Click Click Click

Wednesday, September 16

Leadership

Leadership is not a one day thing.
It takes a long run effect.
It moulds a person to be the lead of the show.
Been really interested in the topic of leadership ever since I was in high school. Those were the days I got myself involved with things which were beyond classroom setting. Though it wasn't a perfect one, still, it was something for me.

Today, i am gonna share a few values which I think it's true and real, be it in a real world or by book. As i am reading the book on "Leadership", it somehow reflects what I have been thinking lately.

1. As a leader, being positive is crucial. People rise and fall to meet our expectation. If we express doubt, they'll return your lack of confidence with mediocrity. If we believe in them, I believe they will try their best and wear themselve out. Life as a leader will definately change when trust is instilled.
"Give others money, it'll soon spent; Give others resources, they may not be used to the greatest advantage; Give help, they'll often find themselves back where they stand in a short time; Give faith, they'll become confident, energized and self-reliant."

2. Momentum. It takes a leader to create momentum. Creating momentum requires someone who can motivate people rather than being motivated. There are a few lil things which we could do to maintain the momentum. Keep the team focused. Communicate. Allow others to lead. March to the very end by giving all we have, not more than what we have. I will always have the tendency to remind people around me, to try something which is within our means, attainable and reachable. My lecturer, Mr. Shanker did tell us this. =) When we want the team to succeed, we have to keep going and quit when the job accomplishes, not when we're tired or burnt out.
i have trust in them.
i know they're gonna make each of us proud.
keep my fingers crossed.

No comments: